Aviation Badge Online - Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum
While working on the Aviation badge, Scouts learn about aircraft and the forces which act on them. They learn about maintaining aircraft and planning for a flight. They build and fly a model airplane and explore careers related to aviation.
Interactive Online Badges are Open to ALL Scouts in ANY Council. We also welcome youth 11-17 interested in Scouting to join a class. This class is taught with a LIVE instructor and the class is interactive.
Ensure you have communicated with your Scoutmaster or Unit Leader prior to attending this and all other Badge Classes regarding your intent to complete the Badge.
Download Workbook: Click Here
Please read the description before registering.
The EPIC Difference:
- Classes taught by registered Badge Counselors who are experts in their field
- All Epic Badge Counselors have current YPT Certification
- Dedicated support team to provide prompt answers before, during and after your class
- Class sizes are limited to 20 scouts to support an engaging and interactive learning environment, and to allow each Scout the opportunity to demonstrate completion of EACH requirement
Scouts are expected to come prepared with answers to requirements to the best of their ability.
- A Positive Scouting Focus and Attitude!
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer, high-speed internet access, a web camera, and a microphone to participate in the live online class.
- A day prior to class, we will send a ZOOM link to the email address you registered with. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test ZOOM at least one day prior to class.
- Log-in 10 minutes before your scheduled class time. Classes start on time.
- Class A Uniform is requested to be worn during this Online Badge Class.
- Bring supporting documentation of project work pertinent to this merit badge which may also include a Badge Workbook for reference with notes.
- The Badge pamphlet is full of useful information and will help you successfully complete the requirements. It provides solutions and gives direction on where to find the answers to earn this Badge. If you are unable to get a pamphlet, you may also use online and other resources to complete the requirements where appropriate.
- It is unacceptable to come unprepared. It’s highly recommended to download this workbook and have it ready prior to the class. It will make it much easier for the Scout to follow along during the class and to ensure that all requirements are met.
- We will email you a digital Blue Card once you successfully complete all requirements. However, a Blue Card is not COMPLETE until your Unit Leader signs it. We recommend receiving approval to take the course. Once we send you the Blue Card pass it to your Unit Leader for final signatures - digital or ink? That is up to your Unit Leader.
·If you do not complete all of your requirements you will be given an incomplete or "partial" Blue Card and have until before your 18th birthday to complete any requirements. We highly recommend you complete the requirements sooner than later. We will support you until your requirements are complete. This part is the responsibility of the Scout.
I signed my Scout up in the summer for the aviation badge in October. Late September, we realized there was a conflict. I tried to email [****] and got no response. I tried to ask for a refund through eventbrite. No response. I messaged them through Facebook, and after weeks of waiting, someone responded by saying they were only involved partially with the company anymore and they would see what they could do. Waited some more, and no one got back to me. I emailed info@epicbadges again, and still no response. I was even going to say that instead of a refund, I'd take a credit for another course. But there is no communication, no response and no customer service. Buyer beware. If you have the slightest problem, don't expect anyone to help you.
The whole badge was cool and the teachers were fun, but my favorite part was the WW2 history...SO AWESOME!
Great staff and instructors!
I took this class yesterday and I had a great time learning about aviation! I also really enjoyed the virtual tour about Pearl Harbor and WW2. I would definitely recommend this class if you are looking for a non-eagle required badge to earn. The prerequisites are pretty easy to complete. Also, the instructors are engaging and make advanced concepts understandable to everyone. Thank you!
My scouts attended this virtual MB. It was amazing, they learned a lot and were able to see the difference in planes and a little about history with the virutal tour of Peal Harbor. The counselors were very knowledgable, patient and their goals were to always have the scouts understand the content. Classes are small and interactive so everyone feels they are face to face. Can't wait to attend another MB class. Thank you!