This activity has been created to honor the 75th Commemoration of the End of WWII and to promote the theme of this special occasion, “Salute Their Service, Honor Their Hope.”
From Pearl Harbor to Peace is a 3.5 Hour youth program designed to highlight the critical role that Hawaii played during WWII. Participants will gain a deeper appreciation for Hawaii’s diversity, and honor the role of ethnic communities whose contributions on the home front during and after WWII often have been overlooked.
Participants will analyze factors that led the former adversaries of WWII to build a framework for peace that has endured for 75 years, creating a strong and strategic relationship for mutual security and economic stability.
At the completion of this activity, participants will earn a unique collector’s Scout patch, commemorating the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II.
Grades 6th - 12th
Pre-Activity BONUS: Every participant who uploads a "Collect a Story" (pre-activity) will earn a PHAM Scout Patch. Collect A Story Pre-Activity
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
75th Commemoration of the End of WWII: From Pearl Harbor to Peace Workbook" HERE
Note: Parents must grant permission to share during the registration process. This is optional.
- A Positive Scouting Focus and Attitude!
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer, high-speed internet access, a web camera, and a microphone to participate in the live online class.
- A day prior to class, we will send a ZOOM link to the email address you registered with. This email will come from email@example.com
- Test ZOOM at least one day prior to class.
- Log-in 10 minutes before your scheduled class time. Classes start on time.
- Class A Uniform is requested to be worn during this Online Merit Badge Class.