Citizenship in the World Badge - Online (Eagle Required)
Scouts explore what it means to be a member of the global community while working on the Citizenship in the World badge. They learn about international law and international organizations such as the United Nations, the World Health Organization, and the European Union. Scouts also find out about relationships between nations and the role of the US State Department and ambassadors.
The Citizenship in the World badge is required for the rank of Eagle Scout
Interactive Online Badges are Open to ALL Scouts in ANY Council. We also welcome youth 11-17 interested in Scouting to join a class. This class is taught with a LIVE instructor and the class is interactive.
Ensure you have communicated with your Scoutmaster or Unit Leader prior to attending this and all other Badge Classes regarding your intent to complete the Badge.
Please read the description before registering.
The EPIC Difference:
- Classes taught by registered Badge Counselors who are experts in their field
- All Epic Badge Counselors have current YPT Certification
- Dedicated support team to provide prompt answers before, during and after your class
- Class sizes are limited to 20 scouts to support an engaging and interactive learning environment, and to allow each Scout the opportunity to demonstrate completion of EACH requirements.
Scouts are expected to come prepared with answers to requirements to the best of their ability.
- A Positive Scouting Focus and Attitude!
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer, high-speed internet access, a web camera, and a microphone to participate in the live online class.
- A day prior to class, we will send a ZOOM link to the email address you registered with. This email will come from email@example.com
- Test ZOOM at least one day prior to class.
- Log-in 10 minutes before your scheduled class time. Classes start on time.
- Class A Uniform is requested to be worn during this Online Badge Class.
- Bring supporting documentation of project work pertinent to this merit badge which may also include a Badge Workbook for reference with notes.
- The Badge pamphlet is full of useful information and will help you successfully complete the requirements. It provides solutions and gives direction on where to find the answers to earn this Badge. If you are unable to get a pamphlet, you may also use online and other resources to complete the requirements where appropriate.
- It is unacceptable to come unprepared. You may use a Badge Workbook as a learning aid to help you prepare. Scouts are NOT required to use this learning aid in order to complete the badge.
- We will email you a digital Blue Card once you successfully complete all requirements. However, a Blue Card is not COMPLETE until your Unit Leader signs it. We recommend receiving approval to take the course. Once we send you the Blue Card pass it to your Unit Leader for final signatures - digital or ink? That is up to your Unit Leader.
- If you do not complete all of your requirements you will be given an incomplete or "partial" Blue Card and have until before your 18th birthday to complete any requirements. We highly recommend you complete the requirements sooner than later. We will support you until your requirements are complete. This part is the responsibility of the Scout.