Safety Badge - Online
The requirements for the Safety badge help Scouts understand how they can prevent accidents and crime. Scouts inspect their home for hazards. They also learn how to be aware of things like fire exits and alert to dangerous situations when they are doing activities elsewhere. Scouts also investigate careers related to safety.
Epic Badges Online are Open to all registered BSA Scouts. Please read the description before registering.
Interactive Online Badges are Open to ALL Scouts in ANY Council. We also welcome youth 11-17 interested in Scouting to join a class. This class is taught with a LIVE instructor and the class is interactive.
Ensure you have communicated with your Scoutmaster or Unit Leader prior to attending this and all other Badge Classes regarding your intent to complete the Badge.
Please read the description before registering.
The EPIC Difference:
- Classes taught by registered Epic Badges Counselors who are experts in their field
- All Epic Badges Counselors have current YPT Certification
- Dedicated support team to provide prompt answers before, during and after your class
- Class sizes are limited to 20 scouts to support an engaging and interactive learning environment, and to allow each Scout the opportunity to demonstrate completion of EACH requirement
Scouts are expected to come prepared with answers to requirements to the best of their ability.
- A Positive Scouting Focus and Attitude!
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer, high-speed internet access, a web camera, and a microphone to participate in the live online class.
- A day prior to class, we will send a ZOOM link to the email address you registered with. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test ZOOM at least one day prior to class.
- Log-in 10 minutes before your scheduled class time. Classes start on time.
- Class A Uniform is requested to be worn during this Online Badges Class.
- Bring supporting documentation of project work pertinent to this badge which may also include a Badge Workbook for reference with notes.
- The Badge pamphlet is full of useful information and will help you successfully complete the requirements. It provides solutions and gives direction on where to find the answers to earn this Badge. If you are unable to get a pamphlet, you may also use online and other resources to complete the requirements where appropriate.
- It is unacceptable to come unprepared. You may use a Badge Workbook as a learning aid to help you prepare. Scouts are NOT required to use this learning aid in order to complete the badge.
- We will email you a digital Blue Card once you successfully complete all requirements. However, a Blue Card is not COMPLETE until your Unit Leader signs it. We recommend receiving approval to take the course. Once we send you the Blue Card pass it to your Unit Leader for final signatures - digital or ink? That is up to your Unit Leader.
· If you do not complete all of your requirements you will be given an incomplete or "partial" Blue Card and have until before your 18th birthday to complete any requirements. We highly recommend you complete the requirements sooner than later. We will support you until your requirements are complete. This part is the responsibility of the Scout.
This is my son's second merit badge class with Epic Merit Badges, and my son has really enjoyed these classes. The safety class counselor was very good with the scouts. An excellent teacher, he really listened to the scouts. It helps if you come prepared for class, print out the worksheet before. My son had already done requirement #1 (Make a notebook on safety, it was easy and interesting.) and requirement #6 (complete a safety project, this could be as easy as changing batteries in your fire alarms, my son did a Covid-19 information flyer for his troop.) You can also complete these requirements after the class, but if you want a complete merit badge right away do these before class. My son also enjoyed seeing and talking to other scouts across the country, especially since Covid-19 lock down.
My son loved this merit badge course. The instructor was funny and worked with the scouts in a supportive way. My son enjoyed talking to scouts from around the country.
My daughter loved this class. The instructor was amazing - very encouraging and interesting to listen to. I even listened in and was impressed by how engaging and encouraging he was. Epic Merit Badges is the gold standard in virtual learning for Scouts!
Safety Online Merit Badge
My son earned the Merit Badge . This is by far the best Merit Badge program that my son has experienced. The counselors are knowledgable and patient with the scouts. I liked the fact that I could hear and see what my son was learning first hand. He has asked to take more through Epic Merit Badges.