Weather Badge Online - Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum
Doing the requirements for the Weather badge helps Scouts learn about meteorology. They learn about weather hazards, high and low-pressure systems, the science of weather, and the water cycle. They explore climates and the way humans alter their environment. They make a weather instrument and find out about careers related to weather.
Interactive Online Badges are Open to ALL Scouts in ANY Council. We also welcome youth 11-17 interested in Scouting to join a class. This class is taught with a LIVE instructor and the class is interactive.
Ensure you have communicated with your Scoutmaster or Unit Leader prior to attending this and all other Badge Classes regarding your intent to complete the Badge.
Download Workbook: Click Here
Please read the description before registering.
The EPIC Difference:
- Classes taught by registered Badge Counselors who are experts in their field
- All Epic Badge Counselors have current YPT Certification
- Dedicated support team to provide prompt answers before, during, and after your class
- Class sizes are limited to 20 scouts to support an engaging and interactive learning environment, and to allow each Scout the opportunity to demonstrate completion of EACH requirement.
Scouts are expected to come prepared with answers to requirements to the best of their ability.
- A Positive Scouting Focus and Attitude!
- You will need a laptop or desktop computer, high-speed internet access, a web camera, and a microphone to participate in the live online class.
- A day prior to class, we will send a ZOOM link to the email address you registered with. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test ZOOM at least one day prior to class.
- Log-in 10 minutes before your scheduled class time. Classes start on time.
- Class A Uniform is requested to be worn during this Online Badge Class.
- Bring supporting documentation of project work pertinent to this badge which may also include a Badge Workbook for reference with notes.
- The Badge pamphlet is full of useful information and will help you successfully complete the requirements. It provides solutions and gives direction on where to find the answers to earn this Badge. If you are unable to get a pamphlet, you may also use online and other resources to complete the requirements where appropriate.
- It is unacceptable to come unprepared. It’s highly recommended to download this workbook and have it ready prior to the class. It will make it much easier for the Scout to follow along during the class and to ensure that all requirements are met.
- We will email you a digital Blue Card once you successfully complete all requirements. However, a Blue Card is not COMPLETE until your Unit Leader signs it. We recommend receiving approval to take the course. Once we send you the Blue Card pass it to your Unit Leader for final signatures - digital or ink? That is up to your Unit Leader.
This merit badge was absolutely amazing! I learned so much about weather that I’ve never learned before, and even the topics that I already knew something about became so much clearer during the merit badge. I loved the energetic and cheerful attitude of the counselors and how thoroughly they went through each point, supplementing their explanations with lots of pictures and videos! This merit badge is now one of my most favorite merit badges I've done because of how it was taught and what I learned from it.
Thank you for helping our young Scout earn his second merit badge, in Weather. The staff was knowledgeable, supportive, engaging and fun. Was a pleasant first virtual MB experience for us during Covid-19 times. No complaints here. Thank you!
The counselors did a great job. As I listened to my son take the workshop, they were fun and engaging with the scouts. We also messed up the time and signed on late and the stayed after so my son could finish the badge. Great Team!